Friday, May 27, 2005

Review: Bringing home the Bacon

Just recently we've been buying veggie bacon and having a few strips in the mornings with our breakfast. I have always preferred veggie breakfast sausage link as the breakfast meal mock meat of choice. On some whim I brought home Morningstar Farms Veggie Breakfast Bacon Strips. These were quite good. The problem is that our local grocery delivery company, Fresh Direct, doesn't carry Morningstar brand products. Since Fresh Direct tends to be cheaper than my local Grocery I like to use them whenever possible so I order their mock bacon from Lightlife called Smart Bacon. All of this lead to a parade of "fakin' bacon" in my house and this dual product review.

Overall, I'd say that Lightlife Smart Bacon is quite good but is not as good as Morningstar Farms Veggie Breakfast Bacon strips. The Veggie Breakfast strips do a better job of visually and tactically replicating the bacon strip. I'd pick the Veggie Strips every time however Smart Bacon is a good second choice.


See full reviews for:

Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips

Light life Smart bacon

No comments: