Friday, April 22, 2005

Review: Best Vegetarian Chicken

I have searched for the vegetarian equivalent of a dozen hot Buffalo wings, carrots, celery and blue cheese for years. Chicken is the last thing in the world I want to eat and actual little chicken wings fall even behind that. However, the hot and spicy taste of really buffalo wing sauce is fantastic. It has the red hot, almost metallic, spiciness that is oh so good. Dowse that fire with some ice cold blue cheese and celery and you have yourself a meal worthy of the beer you are drinking.

A few months ago I discovered Bill's Best Minit Meat Chik. This is a seasoned powder that is part soy flour and part wheat gluten. You combine the mix with water and boil. It is a little difficult to master (if it is too loose you do not get the chicken effect, too tight and you get a rubbery finished product) I think I've got it pretty much down now and I love it!! It is very useful and I can make 'chicken' cutlets and nuggets and the like. It is the core ingredient in my vegetarian Chicken Wing Experience

This is a solid product but I find the small cans are a little pricey. I get the larger, more economical, tub size from Uncle Don's


  • Overall Rating: 4
  • Similarity to meat (but in a good way): 4
  • Similarity to actual food described: 4
  • "Worth it?" Rating: 4
  • "Would I get them again?": 4

    CHIK
    no msg, all vegetable ingredients

    Nutrition Facts

    Serving Size 0.9oz(25g) -dry
    Servings Per Container
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 94
    Calories from Fat 9
    Total Fat 1g
    Saturated Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg
  • Sodium 294mg
    Total Carbohydrate 3g
    Dietary Fiber 1g
    Sugars 0.6g
    Protein 18g
    Vitamin A 8 IU

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my wholesale vinyl fabric site.
Have a great day!